Milestone 3 - Gluing everything together into a search solution
Solr search platform
- Each paragraph or object is a Solr document.
- All the attributes of a paragraph or object is an field of a Solr document.
- The paragraph text is stored in a "content" field.
- An additional field is "filename", which is the name of the source (Writer) document.
Searching using Solr
Proof of concept web application
|Figure 1: Search "proof of concept" web application|
About Server.py - REST and HTTP server
- Provide the HTML and JS documents to the browser, so the web app can be shown
- GET service "/document" - returns a list of documents
- POST service "/search" - triggers a query in Solr and returns the result
- POST service "/reindex" - triggers the re-indexing process
- POST service "/image" - triggers rendering of an image for the input search result, and returns the image as base64 encoded string