DevTools implementation has been completed and this is the third and final part of the mini-series. The focus of this part is on the object inspector, but I have also improved or changed other DevTools parts, so first I will briefly mention those.
New menu position
Updates to the document model tree view
The object inspector tree view
|Figure 3: Top toolbar and tab bar in object inspector|
- "Interfaces" - the interfaces that the current object implements
- "Services" - the services that the current object supports
- "Properties" - the properties of the current object
- "Methods" - the combined methods that can be called on the current object
|Figure 4: Object inspector "Properties" tab|
- Properties accessible view XPropertySet.
- Properties defined as an attribute (marked "[attribute]" in IDL).
- Pseudo properties defined by a get and set method.
|Figure 5: "Properties" tab and the text view|
- "Method" - name of the method
- "Return type" - the return (simplified) type of the method
- "Parameters" - list of input parameters, where each one lists the direction ("in", "out" or "in/out"), the parameter name and the simplified type
- "Implementation Class" - class/interface where the method is implemented